With our bags packs, we were all ready for our final day of touring and wrapping our Osaka itinerary before heading to the airport. We went to a traditional hot spring area that was occupied by, as you may have guessed, many hot spring hotels and resorts. There was even a place for you to soak your feet in hot steamy spring water. In this area, it was popular to eat and buy these crispy and flat cookies cooked by coal and made with hot spring water. I bought myself a bag of `scraps` (the cookies that crumbled in the process) and it wasn`t too bad, tasted like bland corn flakes, but smoother in texture.

Our final stop was shopping at Doutonburi Street and the area of Shin Sai Bashi Suji (named after a bridge here). I couldn`t believe how much there was to do; there was one main street of eating, an area predominately selling the latest technology and electronics, and branches after branches of shopping and plentiful of malls, from high end pet clothes and accessories to socks and clothing. We had three and a half hours before we had to head to the airport in order to catch our flight back to HK, but that was not enough. However, we did find a lot of sales and didn`t resist the urge to use the rest of the yen we had. It was a great way to wrap up our Osaka tour as the sun had decided to come out as well!

For our late lunch, we had takoyaki balls from a stall on the food street that initiated all the other takoyaki businesses to open. I thought the takoyaki from yesterday at the takoyaki museum were better, probably because they were made right when we ordered them as they were rather busy, while these ones had been cooking on the grill already when we ordered them. I also bought corn soup (popular for the Japanese) from a vending machine and it came in a small heated can! It was actually really good and I wish our vending machines were half as cool as Japan`s.All in all, I had a lot of fun these past five days and I didn`t want to leave Osaka when it was time to go. This was only an initial taste of what was in store in Japan for me and I hope that one day I am able to spend an extended period of time here to be able to travel more. I would love to come back in the future to explore the rest of the islands and gain a deeper insight of this rising sun nation.


See you Japan!