First day of class and I didn't have class at all. My morning class was cancelled and I didn't find out until I arrived the building. As for Korean, it was the day of the placement test which designated which level of Korean you would take. I'm praying that I get into at least the first intermediate level as I don't think I will get credits for beginner levels having already took three semesters of Korean back at my home uni. I went up to the fourth page of the written test (6/23 questions) and my oral exam was alright, could've been better if I prepared myself more. However, I wouldn't want to be placed in a class I'm not ready or legit enough for as that would just backfire my learning since Korean classes here are intensive. I also got my student ID today, so now I feel like I actually belong on campus.

As it was the first day of "classes" the campus population increased and as such, lunch time in the cafeteria was busier than usual, with majority of the seats occupied by male students-where are all the females? For the first and many more times to come, we had our lunch within budget for $2.8 Cad, dirt cheap right? This is how universities should cater to student's budget and not charge triple as much in North America for a meal. I had a bowl of thin rich noodles with seaweed, egg, and broth. You can't expect it to be the best tasting noodle bowl in Seoul, but for that price, my hunger and wallet were satisfied.

Chloe was sick, so for dinner we walked to Edae and seeked out a place with ginseng chicken soup. Unfortunately, it was over budget and 4/5 of us opted for the alternative of congee. I had wanted to get Ann and my phone plan checked out to make sure we pay a month from the day we started our plan vs. the beginning of a new month, so we went back to the same place we got our phones. Thank God for Alice's presence because despite the guy "claiming" he new English-he didn't. He also got stressed from the five of us foreigners until we mentioned the guy who opened our account for us at this location. Luckily, that guy who opened our account was on his break and came back right at the point this guy was about to be stressed out of his mind. Seriously, Koreans have such funny and exaggerated expressions and yet, its so genuine. We couldn't help laughing when the familiar guy saw our faces at door. He waved his hands up, opened up his squinty eyes, and laughed as he recognized we were the girls who needed a translator (fay mah) to open an account with him. Man was it tough to get to the point through all the laughter. If you're still following me, that other guy had to go put on his black framed rectangular shape glasses and grab a drink of water to calm himself. He was so flustered with our speedy English speaking mouths and kept holding his head with his hands. It was hysterical! I can't wait to come back next time to pay our bill and see their reactions. Priceless.

So it's Friday night and we didn't want to head back to dorms so soon. Spontaneously, we did some back to school and window shopping in Edae and seeked out a cafe to chill at. There's a popular cafe chain call Cafe Bene (apparently better than Starbucks in pricing and taste), but we immediately changed our minds when we saw the Love Story cafe across the street and three floors up. Chloe had said she's been to a similar cafe where the servers are all males decked out in a nice uniform and we wanted to check the place out. Well, the servers were all males, but the only uniform thing they were wearing was an apron. It's not called a 'Love Story' cafe for nothing, when you arrive, depending on how many people you have your placed in a private room. There are no tables and chairs in an open area, just all rooms covered by a door or curtain. The five of us took our footwear off and sat comfortably in a cushion lined booth with a table in the middle. The menu was quite expensive, but our waiter absolutely made our day. There was a bell on our table for us to call the server, so when he came to take his order, our English was too fast for him and he actually spoke in English and said 'slowly please,' and it was very good English might I add. Anyhow, his actions and mannerisms were quite shy and cute at the same time so the five of us kept giggling when he took our order, delivered our drinks and desserts, and take our picture for us. Oh boy, we even left him a note... oh the things we do. HAHA!

Alright, enough said. I'm embarrassed.