Hello Weekend,

Today, Master Kim, my taekwondo teacher had organized a Han river walking/biking trip for us exchange students. I was already quite sore from my first taekwondo class on Thursday (just shows how long I haven't worked out), but I still was up for it as it sounded like a wonderful idea.

I opted out of biking as 1. I haven't biked since being on a tandem in Taiwan a year and a half ago and didn't know if I could bike properly, 2. I was sore, and 3. I wanted to walk. Everyone rented a bike except Teresa, Pey and I, so the three of us went on an adventurous stroll. To our advantage, the sun was out and shining, the temperature had risen, and it felt amazing to be breathing into breezy, clear, non-smoke-filled air. Throughout the Han River vicinity, there would be stop points, similar to a park/play area for kids... but it was actually a place for the bikers and walkers to stop and stretch out or even work out! They had work out machines where instead of lifting weights, you would lift yourself or machines that help you twist your body side to side to relieve tension or any stress you may have. It was so fun, like an adult play park, and it was quite a sight to see all these ajussis and ajummas working out. Who needs a gym when you can go to Han River right?!

In the evening, after a dinner of four different flavors of samkyeubsal (fatty pork), we headed for our first Norabang (literally singing room) karaoke experience. We went to a place in Sinchon recommended by our friends as it has a aesthetically pleasing atmosphere and ice cream was included. However, the price was higher for the place being so posh and comfortable. For an hour, it was $18 hour (we went for two knowing how fast time flies) and we got a private room to ourselves lined with cushioned seats, two flat screens, and even a tambourine and a maraca for us to play and sing to. We pretty much sang our heart out to the hits of the 90s, danced to Kpop we couldn't sing to, and partied like we could hit all the high notes, long notes, and impossibly fast lyrics.

What a satisfying Saturday.