I don't think it's possible to get bored of this city. From local attractions to pop up destinations, NYC sure lives up to its name as the "city that never sleeps." Great eats, fun finds, and buzzing hotspots satisfy the foodie, the traveler, and of course the trend seeker. Oh and perhaps the spender, though you may not want to admit that.

On Friday, I got to go to The High Line, which is in the West Village area of Manhattan. Basically, its an vacated rail line that runs through the city that is no longer in use. You could never tell that it was a rundown train track as it has been revamped into a public park and has become a popular tourist attraction for its fantastic view of the city elevated above the streets. I would definitely recommend this place as it's such an awesome way to sightsee and be surrounded by architecturally and aesthetically made buildings all around you. There's even a "box" connected to the rail line where you can sit in and watch the cars below you like a tv screen!

The "box" from street view
Insider: If yue are reading this, it reminded me of YEG's "the end of the world", but less sketchy as the wonders are above ground and not below haha.

Next, we headed to Chelsea Market which is within walkable distance. Similar to the idea of farmer markets, minus the outdoor feel and lineup of tables with fresh produce, this was an indie and modern place filled with various fresh food places you can order and eat on the go. Their most popular eatery is known as The Lobster Place where you can get a fresh steamed whole lobster for $15! They also have their Lobster Roll which is a cooked lobster on a bun, but I wouldn't recommend it as it's overrated and not worth the money. I actually got the smoke salmon roll option which I thought was flavorful and super fresh. Other than food, this place was great for browsing local shops and even a pop up market of crafts and designed goods.

On Saturday, there was a special event going on at East River State Park in Brooklyn known as the Renegade Craft Fair. This was the biggest outdoor crafts market I've ever been to. Tents lined up side by side selling contemporary crafts and designed goods from talented artists from NYC and the surrounding area. There was such an upbeat and fun energy to this place, and also an indecisive option of food vendors for the foodie at heart. I had to resist and discipline myself to just buying a bracelet. On the way here we also scouted a local flea & vintage market that intrigued me quite a bit as I couldn't believe the vendors knew exactly what era of fashion their shoes were from. Only in New York would you find such a diverse and unique collection of vintage and walking fashion historics.
view from Brooklyn overlooking Manhatten
Today I got to check out Remnant Presbyterian Church which is a few blocks up from where I live. With Korean roots, it reminded me of my experience in Korea, but with such a short stay, I hope to check out other churches as well that have been recommended to me. After service, we went to a Thai tapas eatery call Reserve. I am still floored at the cheapness and dealicious lunch special we got. Starting at 7.50 (depending on your protein option), you get soup or salad, an appetizer, and a main dish of your choice. It was a small, but remarkable gem-of-a-place I would definitely visit again when I'm in the area. Also, if you are looking for cheap groceries (to those living on a budget like me), look no farther than CHINATOWN! Honestly, there's a place called Hong Kong Market that is so cheap. My friend got 7 drumsticks for less than $2. You got to be kidding right?... not!

Tomorrow I'm officially kicking off my internship, so I expect my eat-see-do adventures to cut back a bit, thus less blogging as well. I'm getting a tad nervous as I write this so please pray for me to have confidence.

Until the weekend readers!