It's been a tranquil time of settling in, but I find myself feeling so tired. My back and legs aren't use to walking so much so I find those parts, especially the former, tight and unwilling to compromise with the rest of my body.
Panoramic view of Washington Square Park

Yesterday, I got to spend some time with one of my roomies and fellow SIC I met in Korea last year during my student exchange. She was in my Emmaus small group and I couldn't have been more blessed with her friendship as she was the one who helped me to find my current accommodation. We went for lunch at Vive La Crepe near NYU and then took a stroll through the Washington Square Park central to campus where the famous Washington Arch is located. It felt like I had come here before, but it was because I recalled this scene from watching August Rush. We also explore some academic buildings on campus and its like no other campus I've seen before. Since the city is such a busy one, shops and eateries separate school buildings, and I couldn't possibly imagine running from one street to another to get to your next class as everything was quite spread out. Next we headed to St.Mark's Place, which you might think is a 'place' as noted by its name, but instead it's a street area of various Asian eats, with Japanese cafes, restaurants and convenience stores dominating the area. It was made known to me that a lot of cheap and delicious eats are here as its affordability and convenience is catered to the abundance of students nearby.

We ended off the night watching Man of Steel with the rest of the roomies and loved it! There was so much action to it that it kept you on the edge of your seat. When I thought the movie was drawing to a close, another incident would occur.  I was actually really tired when we started the movie and I even thought I would fall asleep, but Henry Cavill kept me watching....haha. Speaking of movies, it's so interesting to me that so many scenes from this movie were filmed in NYC. I mean, what isn't filmed in NYC nowadays? I'm definitely such a tourist-New Yorkers must be use to this.

The World's Largest Macy Store
Today, we started the day later and explored the area we lived in. Fifth Avenue is lined up with blocks of department and chain stores. There were also your typical souvenir shops to cater to the crowds of tourists in this area. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I felt my energy slowly draining with all the busyness going on in this area. However, I did get my sim card from AT&T, so I officially have a working number here! If you don't feel data is necessary, you can get a $25 prepaid plan which consists of 250 minutes and unlimited texting for 30days (with data, plans are $50 here and at T Mobile (the other phone giant).

A floor to ceiling notion & trim store!!
After a short break home (its so convenient living in Midtown), we headed towards the Fashion District to hunt down my placement which starts on Monday (it's also so awesome working close to home). We knew we were on the right track when we passed by never ending fabric, trims, garments, and notion stores. This district is like heaven to the DIY enthusiasts! You can honestly find any shape, colour, or texture of material imaginable. To our surprise, we even stumbled upon a small, but glorious Tim Hortons at an intersection. I guess if I ever miss home, this is where you will find me eh?!