As I'm writing this post, I'm sitting on a couch back home sweet home. I can't believe its almost a week since I've left the Big Apple. It's been an unforgettable two months and oh so dreamy to be working and living the life I did this summer.

Before coming home, I had an eight hour layover in Chicago which allowed me to sneak in one short, but last adventure. Many people told me that Chicago feels like you're on water and I couldn't agreed more. With multiple lakes and rivers running through the city, beneath roads and bridges, and in between high rises, it truly is a one of a kind sight. 

Heading into downtown Chicago was pretty straight forward as you can take the blue subway line from the airport for $5 (the way back from downtown to the airport is only $2.25). Luckily, one of my roommates left on the same flight as me and had a friend in Chicago that was able to show us around, otherwise, I think we would've got lost. There aren't as many tourists as compared Manhattan, thus less signage, plus the fact that we didn't do much research so we didn't really know what to do. We wandered downtown a bit, ate, shopped, and before you knew it, I headed back to catch my flight home (my roommate stayed for a night).

For those having a lay over in Chicago, just a few things to note:

-there is NO luggage storage/lockers in the airport since 9-11, so make sure to have light carry ons with you when exploring (a backpack is best)
-Chicago O'Hare is one of the busiest airports in the States as its fairly central, so give yourself enough time to get back, go through security, and prepare for any delays (leave 2.5-3 hours before your flight, it takes about 40-60 minutes subway travel time depending on where you are)
-do lots of research of where you want to go so you can maximize the time you have during your layover

Even though I didn't do that much, it was a nice transition from the crazy busy New York to slow and steady Edmonton. Chicago was much quieter, and to my surprise less busy than I thought as one of the major business hubs in the States (or maybe it was just the area I was in).

I guess this wraps up my adventure to the Big Apple. Much learning, experiences, insights, and personal growth have been gained. Leaving anywhere is always hard for me as I get emotionally attach thanks to the relationships made in that place. Thus, 'home' is a relative term for me and I feel a piece of it will remain in New York. It's definitely bittersweet departing, but I already have future adventures in the works. So money willing, and God's plans aligning, travels are awaiting =)

So Keep Phollowing!