As I start becoming a broken record by sharing with others the SEA leg of my travels, I'm feeling more and more distant from this past whirlwind of a month, yet wanting to relive all these precious memories already. It's so surreal that all the time and effort I put into planning, researching, and finalizing details of this trip since January has now come to somewhat of an end. For the duration I was in SouthEast Asia, it was a quick overview, but nonetheless a jaw dropping memorable time. God never stopped providing nor did He cease to care for even my smallest needs. I ment amazing people from locals to travellers from the opposite side of the world and I am SO thankful for how everything turned out even if it wasn't according to my itineary.

Every place I went to was so different and I've learned so much no matter where I went. I feel I have enhanced my appetite with all the ethnic yet diverse flavours of SEA, gained a widen perspective on injustices and polictics in third world countries, and dare I say found a deeper calling to what I want to do down the road? Yes, it was just that SEA-mazing! I don't think words and pictures will ever do enough justice to what I've experienced in just over a month, but I can't imagine not having gone on this trip and not gaining what I have (even if some of it is weight).


Here's a quick over view of my 35 day, 4 country, 9 main cities I went to.


Highlights (will add more as I continue to reflect)


Kuala Lumpur-my test rabbit city for travelling where I'd overcome many fears and realized the potential in travelling alone
Siem Reap-getting to tour with New Hope Cambodia to see first hand the villagers and seeing poverty first hand, also made some amazing friendships I know I will be connecting with down the road
Penang-though I got sick and weak here, this lovely island was a great place to revive myself and the three ladies I met (aka my "mommies of Penang") was such a pleasure to explore with!
Yogyakarta -Mt.Bromo-Ijen tour-Bali-craziest and most wreckless tour of my life, but honestly the best experience ever as I would've never known what physical limits I was able to endure, break through, and realize what perseverance I had in me!
Singapore-being retaught what hospitality meant by the most hospitable, caring and loving people I've met and can call friends!
Hanoi-so foreign, yet so close to the heart. Northern Vietnam had so much to offer and see. Amazing country that I can't wait to return down the road!


What I would've done differently

Having more flexibility-I love being organize and planning, but I would definitely add in "free" days where I would do almost nothing and just rest more and indulge my senses with whatever surroundings I was in.
More Time-I also wished in certain places that I had more time to spend there as especially in the beginning of my trip I was flying every 3-4 days and even though it was only 60minute flights and didn't feel rush, it did feel I was going through a race or something to do as much as I can in the time that I had
Soaking it Up-The more poeple you meet traveling, the more you learn and exchange travel stories, and the more you want to do that you may not have been interested in before. Attractions you never considered may all of a sudden intrigued your curiousity and make you want to visit them. So slot in time to soak in unexpected moments!

So keep these things in mind before you plan your trip. I think what's most important is to consider your reasons and what you want to achieve from your travels when you are planning. That way, you can ensure that your travel priorities and needs will be met, and any additional or secondary things you want to accomplish is okay if you do or don't do them (it also gives you another reason to return to that country!).

I know more reflections will come over time, but for now, I will be focussing on my second home. Here's to my second round of Korea and adventuring more through my Seoul!


한국 안녕하세요! 나 돌아왔어요!