Today I got my flight(s) itinerary and details of my plane rides for the duration of my exchange. Below is the general idea:

Feb 6 Edmonton to Vancouver
Vancouver to Hong Kong

Feb 7 Arrive HK

Feb 8-17 see family, get $6000HK from government (I guess that may be the one and only perk of having an HK citizenship), potential 5 day Japan tour in between

Feb 18 HK to Seoul

June 25 Seoul to Vancouver
Vancouver to Edmonton

Though I have traveled independently before, this will be my longest period away from home. Five months on my own in a different city, country and continent. Having an itinerary in my hands really sinks it all in that I'll be leaving in a little over a month. I'm sure that just the fact that I'm going to be out of Edmonton for such a long time will be an amazing, yet unknown feeling, let alone going as an exchange student. In the past few years, I have been blessed to embark to various destinations, and even though everything is coming towards me at full speed, I feel that I am ready to fly out having had a handful of departures under my belt.

There are still some particular items about this itinerary that I'm not quite settled about. For one, I wish I could leave my coming home date open, but for the price I paid, I can't complain (less than $1300 CAD!). As of now, I will anticipate for the sight of February 6 on my calender.