Yesterday was my official last full day in HK and without a doubt, we spent it doing what this "New York" of Asia is known for best-shopping and eating. We slept in and headed out shortly after noon with one of my cousins who took us shopping at at least five to six shopping centers in Mongkok. Each one ranged from three to five floors and consisted of many accessory, jewelery, female and male clothing boutiques, and sanrio/stuff animal/stationary/cute household good shops. Despite not having anything in mind to buy particularly, we found a lot of things we wanted to look for during our stay in HK, but had forgotten about. It was quite random how some of the items turned up during our shopping trip today, but I'm sure someone above is looking out for us so we don't forget the little things which makes our trip significant.

Prior to our abundance of consuming, we ate at a HK style cafe. Ann had never tried a HK style cafe before (cha-chang-teng), so I thought we would try it before we leave. The food we ordered came within minutes and were rather large in portions for a one person serving. I thought the taste was mediocre despite this place having won quite a few awards for their milk tea and other popular dishes. During our "break" we drank Hui Lau Shan for the very last time. Its always a five star party in my mouth, but the third time happened to be the charm. My cousin, Ann, and I all got the strawberry and mango with crystal jelly (K5 on the menu)-so freshilicious!

We only really shopped in one area, my cousin said it was actually just one street, but we managed to spend over six hours there. By the end of it, we were all tired of walking and sick of the mobs of people in this area as it was around rush hour when we were leaving. As we headed to take the subway, we saw.... BEARD PAPA! Ann had wanted to try it in Asia having had a so-so taste back home, but we didn't see these puff goodies in Japan (even though they originated there), and we had totally forgotten to hunt it down in HK, but it so happened that it just appeared right when we were leaving! Thus, it was a must, and we devoured a Tiramisu and Fresh Strawberry flavoured papas. mmm.
Our last supper in HK was also bittersweet as I realize I won't be able to eat home made cooking for four months. Well, food on the street are usually cooked by ajummas (middle age mothers), but still, who knew I would miss home cooked dinners and rice?

I can't believe I will be flying out again. These past two weeks have been so much fun and so memorable. I didn't even want to come to HK a few months ago, and now I don't feel like leaving yet. As great and as cheap as the clothes and food are here, vacation will always be vacation. What I mean is, I won't be able to buy on impulse or eat whatever I want no more. When I get to Korea, I will have to be more wise with my spending as well as be more wallet and waist line friendly. I'm glad to say I have stuck to my budget in both HK and Osaka even though I feel I have accumulated a lot of stuff already. My two luggage and two carry-on are bulging and I still have four months in Korea. I need reinforce my self control to lay off the shopping and snacking when I get to Seoul the first week or so as hard as it might be. I also need to start working out again when I get to campus because I know and feel I've been eating in excess and that my eyes are always hungrier than my stomach.

I kept saying that my trip has come to an end, but really, my study abroad is only beginning. I know I'm a broken record, but I'm in disbelief that I'm actually sitting in terminal 15 of HKG waiting to fly out to ICN (Incheon International Airport). Finally, I will be in Korea in four hours or so. This will possibly be my final flight until June rolls around or not, I really don't know.Wish us a safe trip!