Can I just say Tiger Air delayed me for an hour at Penang's airport? Because they did and I was very annoyed with that, but other than that I can't complain much as it was a cheap ticket and at least it got me safely to Singapore last night.
I'm as slow as Tiger Air 
I'm so grateful that I'm able to visit one of my exchange friends from two years ago. We've kept in touch ever since and I always said I wanted to visit her. So when the opportunity arise when planning for this trip, I jumped on it.  She and her boyfriend kindly picked me up from my delayed flight and off we went to Upper Thompson Road where we had local roti at a place called Roti Prata. The mushroom and cheese one as well as the egg one was so deeeeeeelish. Boy am I thankful to be eating like a local as I was probably the most foreign person there.
First time seeing Mouse Deers!
Today her family had planned a day to go to the Singapore Zoo as her mom is able to get complimentary tickets from work. We started the day with brunch at a local hawker area on Ang Mo Kio street then headed to an animal filled day. I feel so blessed as I kept getting treated, and as asian parents go, they wouldn't let this Canadian visitor pay for anything. I honestly wasn't in high anticipation for the zoo and I realize I haven't been to a legit zoo for almost six years, but this one changed my mind. At first it was your typical zoo divided into various areas for you to look at different species of animals, but what I really appreciated was all the fun facts and information listed in the surrounding area of that animal about that animal in an interesting and entertaining manner. I came away with a book of knowledge on animals (ask me!) and it was so neat to realize how creative God is in creating each species so unique and diverse. There are also shows you can watch at selected times and I think its one of the cleanest and odour friendly (minus the rhinoceros area because of their dung) zoo I've been to.
So adorable!
The highlight was not only reuniting with my local friend, but also not knowing a friend from home was in town and whom had planned to go to the Singapore Zoo today as well. Thus, it was so exciting to have met up at the zoo and it was nice to not have to do self introductions either as personally I find I've been making intros and telling people about my background ever since I've started my SEA trip as I'm constantly meeting new friends. It was another divine appointment at its best and I love crossing paths with people I know!

After finishing the zoo, the latest attraction, the River Safari was next door and so since it was still early, we decided to check it out as well. This safari features ten different ecosystems around the world and their respective animal environments including the Nile, Mekong, Amazon, and Mississippi River. There is also a boat ride that drew a lot of people to flock to this attraction. It's only ten minutes long and costs an additional $5 as it gives you a short tour on some of the ecosystems' animals located here just for this boat ride. I think the hype around it didn't justify the attractiveness of it all and besides, tickets were all sold out. Though, we realize that if you go to the entrance of the ride, there may be extra tickets available just because there's a height limit which unfortunately turns away many young kids and in turn their parents making them eligible for a refund and tickets available for people like us. So as blessings go, we did get to go on this boat ride (so make sure to check if tickets are sold out). It wasn't that exciting like I've mentioned, but being able to sit and catch glimpse of animals you would not typically see all in one ride made it worthy. By the end of all this I was tired and zoo-ed out!

For dinner, once again, my friend's family took me to try chili crab, one of the famous dishes in Singapore cuisine which was quite the sizzle on my tastebuds at Seafood Paradise restaurant. However, I think my favourite dish was the wasabi prawns and coffee flavour sticky ribs because they were so exotic to me for 'Chinese' food, rather a fusion of asian flavours. The wasabi had more of a tangy creamy taste rather than intense heat while the coffee flavour initially reminded me of a cocoa coating, but savoury instead.

Dang...getting spoiled is one thing, but gaining weight is another.