Yesterday I went to Sentosa with my friend and it was such a relaxing time of enjoying the breeze, lying on the sand (imported from Indonesia apparently) and having some quality girl time. Sentosa has three main beaches: Tanjong, Palawan and Siloso and as it was a week day, it was less busy compared to the weekends. If you are looking for a quiet getaway, I highly recommend  Tanjong beach as it's the farthest from the hub of things to do on this island, which means it's the quietest and not crowded with tourists-I even fell asleep here. There's also a Universal Studios here, but I would not recommend it unless you have little ones to kill time with as it looks small and not worth the admission price. Also, there's plenty of other activities such as zip lining, water sports, and even luging, so Universal would probably be on the bottom of my list anyways.

I kept asking my friend if so and so was man made at Sentosa because as I learn more about this country, I realize how young it is, thus how technologically advance it is having only been officially established fifty or so years ago as 'Singapore'. There are many intelligent people working in Singapore which sets the standard quite high in terms of living, working, and one's lifestyle. Singapore is also a place of wealthy dwellers, hence the line up of air conditioned malls with top fashion houses of the world and the high cost of living.

For dinner, we went to the highly anticipated (well for me) and touristy Paradise Dynasty to try the eight flavour xiao long baos that are a first of its kind. They were worth the hype and wait since researching for this trip and I couldn't have been more satisfied. I think out of the eight, my favorite was fois gras, black truffle, crab roe, and szechuan, though the original is alway hearty-so basically like half of them (they're each d ifferent and unique!). This eatery is located all across Singapore as they are considered a direct competitor of Ding Tai Fung, one of the most well known dim sum restaurants of the East.

After a full stomach we headed to Clarke Quay, a central tourist zone with diverse grub from around the world, bars, and a river running through where you can take a ferry to do some sightseeing. The view here is really nice of the downtown buildings and you can even spot the Marina Bay Sands hotel from this hotspot.