Here I am at the airport again.

First time flying out Christmas Day, first time taking a flight to VVR for Winter Conference, and first time being in an oddly quiet, calm, and ridiculously empty airport. To the point where security was beyond a breeze and I was even able to have friendly conversation with everyone I've been in contact with.

Strange isn't it?

I guess there's a reason flights are cheaper on December 25th, but a nice asian man manning security informed me that because the economy is not doing well, this Christmas's flyers have lessened drastically compared to years prior. Apparently the airport gets millions of customers (aka workers) from those in the oil industry and with the dropping gas prices, people have been laid off, losing jobs, and hence the downward spiral of flights.

Anyhow, the airport has changed and expanded since I came here back in the Spring time. Its nice to see YEG booming and growing, but I'm so ready to leave despite having to pick this day since it was the cheapest. I've racked up tiredness miles in all ways and this much needed spiritual, physical, and mental escape will surely do me good.

Today has been a highlight and joy in many ways, but more on this later on.

Merry Christmas Bloggers!