Now that I'm sitting at the airport, watching soon-to-be travelers walking by with their rolling carry ons and light weight looking bags, I can't help but wonder how people pack so light? I am always within a 5 lbs. range under or over (and thank God I don't get charge when it’s the latter) the baggage allowance.

The airport brings people in, and takes people away, and once again, I am soon to be one of those being strapped to a seat, as I accelerate to new heights (literally). This time, not to anywhere new, but the experience will definitely be a 180 compared to my last trip there as a tourist.

Okay, enough beating around the bush. I’m officially heading to NYC for a six week fashion internship as a production intern with Yoana Baraschi. I am a mix mash of nervousness and excitement right now, but first praying that I get through US customs and border matters as quickly and as smoothly as I can (since I hear they can be very skeptical and questionable about you-even with a visa). Then and only then will I find myself jumping up and down as if I was on an invisible trampoline.

This will be my first abroad adventure with the mindset of a young professional, thus I look forward to the enrichment of insight and understanding into the behind the scenes work of interning for a designer firm. All the while, I hope to see, eat, and do in the shoes of a New Yorker as I’ve accomplished much tourist-esque items here.

Here's to another bite of the Big Apple!


But first…


A short layover reunion in Montreal with a missed friend.