You know you've been accustom to a new place when days seem to start blurring together. My time spent interning has been picking up its pace and exploring has slowed down. I look forward to each weekend as it brings something new around the corner to revive me from a long work week and to pick me back up again before another round starts.

Stomp Stage
Last weekend my roommates and I got to watch Stomp, an off Broadway show that consists of a simple unfolding plot line told by a complicated mash up of background noises. It was extraordinarily entertaining and might I add loud in volume, but so worth it! My visual and auditory senses kept questioning how in the world what they did was possible and the performances totally changed my appreciation of the white noise going on all around me everyday. From garbage cans to brooms to lighters and pots and pans, the surprises and noises kept coming! With a little searching, we were able to get discounted tickets from Broadway Box, which is also a fabulous place to search up deals on other shows as well as it saves you from paying full price. The only downside is all these little fees that you have to pay when you finally check out, but you still end up saving money and having an enjoyable evening.

The next day (Sunday) we attended church at Hillsong NYC, the popular Australian church and worship band that has expanded into New York. It was a new take on church as we were in an actual club rented out, but it was also quite loud due to the concert-like style of praise and worship. The message, speaker, and atmosphere were awesome, but I don't know if I could stand throughout a whole service every week. There are five services each Sunday, but some attendees go early to line up for a seat so definitely something to keep in mind. Though, I would definitely recommend this church for new goers interested in Christianity or for those needing something fresh, as it delivers a whole new perspective to the idea of what 'church' is all about.

That night we had another high volume,,but vocal experience at Japas 27, a hidden, little gem of a place on 27 Street and 3rd Ave that offered Japanese cuisine and karaoke (you would've never noticed walking by this place). Its only $8/person for two hours of karaoke, but if you spend $10 on food/person from the menu (which is decent and affordable), then your karaoke rate is free; so basically its $10/person but the $10 goes towards food. They have private rooms or a public dining space for you to request songs, but I would definitely recommend getting a room as you have your own privacy and don't have to listen to songs (and singing) you are not fond of. If you're not the singing type, the downstairs part of the restaurant is dining only, so there's something for everyone here.

On a side note (get it? haha), my sweet tooth agrees that Spot Dessert Bar has not only the best lava cake I have tasted ever, but in their signature green tea flavour which is to die for! Made to perfection with a river of "lava" in green and brown flowing out of a chocolatey outer dome, it was bliss with a scoop of green tea ice cream. Gourmet dessert with a Japanese spin on it, what could be better? Try it for yourself today! My friends' smoked coconut cheesecake (with coconut ice cream and basil seeds) and kaboucha brulee cake (pumpkin cake with condensed milk ice cream) were also delicious takes on the idea of Japanese tapas-dessert style. This place is on par with my mille layer green tea cake raved about here.

 Note to Self: Must resist/limit all the sweetness (literally) of NYC, or else I will soon become an overflowing lava cake myself.